Royal Hearing
Favourite
(Proverbs 31:25-26)
"She is clothed with strength and dignity; She can laugh at the days to come.
She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue."
Tunes in My Head
Leaderboard
Create your own Friend Test here
Friday, June 24, 2005
Verbal Wounds are as Bad as Physical wounds.
There once was a little boy who had a bad temper. His father gave him a bag of nails and told him that every time he lost his temper, he must hammer a nail into the back of the fence.

The first day, the boy had driven 37 nails into the fence. Over the next few weeks, as he learned to control his anger, the number of nails hammered daily gradually dwindled down. He discovered it was easier to hold his temper than to drive those nails into the fence.

Finally the day came when the boy didn't lose his temper at all. He told his father about it and the father suggested that the boy now pull out one nail for each day that he was able to hold his temper. The days passed and the boy was finally able to tell his father that all the nails were gone.

The father took his son by the hand and led him to the fence. He said, "You have done well, my son, but look at the holes in the fence. The fence will never be the same. When you say things in anger, they leave a

scar just like this one. You can put a knife in a man and draw it out. It won't matter how many times you say I'm sorry the wound is still there. A verbal wound is as bad as a physical one."
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Got this story from one of my dear friends' blog... It reminds me of this saying "Sticks and stones may hurt me but words cannot." It means the opposite to the above story. Saying that words lack the physical presence to hurt (as compared to a knife and stone).
This story makes me think abt myself and abt how i sometimes say things without thinking first... This story gave me a jolt and reminded me again about how I realli continue to work on being disciplined. It also reminds me of the holes in my heart in the past years. I wondered whether I ever recovered from them? or I just am so good that I just build another fence... letting the previous fences fall down due to the number of 'holey' nature of it. I am reminded again of my tendency to just want show ppl the happy and strong side of Victoria. I am very reluctant to show the vulnerable side and when hurt, I rather retreat from the person or just ignore it.
it also makes think abt the number of times I say sorry to someone just because I was too angry to think or I was just too quick to assume. Alot of memories are going thru and not all of them are v happy memories. I am just glad and grateful that I am in the kingdom as God loves me still so much despite of so many wounds I've dealt him... and grateful that cos i am in the kingdom that i can work on changing myself.. yeah...
this entry abit greyish hor?.. yepyep.
ranted by Jerraine @ 2:37 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

A queen by name. A teacher by profession. Currently yet to be diagnosed as schizophrenic.

Past Rantings
The Royal Annals
My royal friends
Emotings of the sisters

Jennie Babe
Sasha
Seraphina
Mae-Re-Lyn
Gwennie
Yanni

Ramblings from the guys...

Quek
MoJoJoe
Khiok Seng
Hanchong
Kelvin the Pang
Alex
Dewey
David

Others

SG Campus Blog! (NEW)
Template by

Free Blogger Templates
Edited by Jerraine
BLOGGER