Royal Hearing
Favourite
(Proverbs 31:25-26)
"She is clothed with strength and dignity; She can laugh at the days to come.
She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue."
Tunes in My Head
Leaderboard
Create your own Friend Test here
Monday, April 23, 2007
royal ramblings
Today I was reading through 1 Peter 1:13 and I was very humbled as I meditate on the verse. "Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed." "Prepare my mind for action"... what kind of action? How to prepare my mind? As I read the message version of this verse, the answers were clearer. "So roll up your sleeves, put your mind in gear, be totally ready to receive the gift that's coming when Jesus arrives. Don't lazily slip back into those old grooves of evil, doing just what you feel like doing. You didn't know any better then; you do now. As obedient children, let yourselves be pulled into a way of life shaped by God's life, a life energetic and blazing with holiness. God said, "I am holy; you be holy." (1 Peter 1:13-16, MSG Version) Roll up my sleeves eh? When we roll up our sleeves, we are often preparing ourselves to undertake some actions or to react to some actions. Basically we are going to go in the mud and get ourselves 'dirty'. Thus... is my mind ready for that? Is my mind sufficiently prepped to do God's work or prepped enough to react to what Life throws at me? But aint this sounding very abstract? So what exactly do I prepare? Ah... the next part of the verse states it pretty clearly. I need to just be self-controlled aka to fill my mind with the positive thots aka to pray and read the bible when i am so very tempted to just indulge in sinful thots e.g. critical/judgemental thots. I cant prevent them totally from popping in my brain but i can prevent them from flooding my mind. I cant exactly control the immediate emotional affect(yes it's spelt this way) caused by the negative thots will have on me but i can control how i react to the emotions. I cannot be lazy!

Appreciate what some bros and sistas advised me yesterday... I think I am still hanging on to some shred of wanting justice for the wrongs and hurts I feel tht has wrought on my family. Basically... there is no justice in the world... Jesus has unjustly died for sins he never committed... and God has no reason to forgive me and my sins as well... yet He forgave me and want me to be in the kingdom with him. :) So... i just need to forgive them even tho it doesnt make sense.

Labels:

ranted by Jerraine @ 7:08 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

A queen by name. A teacher by profession. Currently yet to be diagnosed as schizophrenic.

Past Rantings
The Royal Annals
My royal friends
Emotings of the sisters

Jennie Babe
Sasha
Seraphina
Mae-Re-Lyn
Gwennie
Yanni

Ramblings from the guys...

Quek
MoJoJoe
Khiok Seng
Hanchong
Kelvin the Pang
Alex
Dewey
David

Others

SG Campus Blog! (NEW)
Template by

Free Blogger Templates
Edited by Jerraine
BLOGGER