Royal Hearing
Favourite
(Proverbs 31:25-26)
"She is clothed with strength and dignity; She can laugh at the days to come.
She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue."
Tunes in My Head
Leaderboard
Create your own Friend Test here
Saturday, November 19, 2005
Question to ponder...
QUESTION : Did Jesus ever felt guilty?

My first reaction was "I don't think so." (ever so cautious that my answer no longer sounds absolute.)
My second reaction was "Hmm... maybe... but I don't think so."
My third reaction was " Well... it depends on your definition of guilt."
My fourth reaction was "I think I better research on it to be firm in the knowledge of the answer."

And I realised... goodness... my bible knowledge still very shaky sia... sigh and I am coming 4 years as a Christian. Not something that I like to realize.

Aniwaes... I decided to go on researching this like how I researched for my report! But since I am supposed to be revising also, I shall limit my research to the internet and the BIBLE and whatever DPI books I have. and maybe get some first hand interviews with people.

Definition of guilt:
- Remorseful awareness of having done something wrong.
- Self-reproach for supposed inadequacy or wrongdoing.
- Guilty conduct; sin.


Note that I highlighted the words "wrongdoings" and "sin" and "something wrong". So basically guilt is an emotion you feel when you realised that you do something 'wrong' - something that is defined as "contrary to conscience, morality, or law; immoral or wicked; unfair; unjust."

Once I saw the defintion I was like... eh! Yeah loh... Jesus is without sin so He shld feel no guilt since guilt only occurs when you do sth sinful or wrong! and you can't sae that Jesus do not have the knowledge of not knowing what's sinful or wrong (just in case someone wanna argue abt whether jesus's actions can be wrong or right in different cultures.) In John 8:16, Jesus says this "But if I do judge, my decisions are right, because I am not alone. I stand with the Father, who sent me." Jesus was saying here that he's not the judge there NOT because he CANNOT judge but because his father will be the one who judges. And even if he judges, his decisions will be right. (note that there's no sign of uncertainty or doubt in his sentence) why? Because He was sent by the Father! Want further confirmation? Read John 3:34 "For the one whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for God[k] gives the Spirit without limit." And in the Bible, you can find this confirmation quite a few times~ heh... God knows we are people of "really??", "I not sure leh...", etc

Some people may question "so Jesus leave his mother behind like that is okay ah?" etc. And as I was thinking abt (okay... I did ask myself that question before... cos it seems abit strange that Jesus will just leave his mother and not feel any twinge abt it) and let's look at it... Jesus spends the last 3 years (or so) of his life preaching the Word and doing God's will. So... what abt the life before that? He was with his mother! Doing what? Duh... I dunno but I dare sae He was doing what a good son will do. Definitely the mother will find Him reliable loh otherwise also wont ask him to solve the wine shortage problem (erm... of cos the mother asks Jesus to solve the prob partly because she knows He's 'special'.) He was serving his role as a son until his Father called him away to fulful the prophecy and the plan.

And let's think abt the temptation that Jesus went thru in the desert? Did he ever replied wrongly? No... He did everything that was right! And I read sth interesting; or rather something that din exactly shout out to me the first time. In John 8:42-47 "Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and now am here. I have not come on my own; but he sent me. Why is my language not clear to you? Because you are unable to hear what I say. You belong to your father, the devil, and you want to carry out your father's desire. He was a murderer from the beginning, not holding to the truth, for there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks his native language, for he is a liar and the father of lies. Yet because I tell the truth, you do not believe me! Can any of you prove me guilty of sin? If I am telling the truth, why don't you believe me? He who belongs to God hears what God says. The reason you do not hear is that you do not belong to God."
This verse came after Jesus asked ppl to stone the prostitute if they had not sinned before. Well... before I talk abt this verse above, Jesus asked the woman whether anyone condemned her - ie. stoned her. and the woman's reply was in the negative. and interestingly, Jesus saes, " Neither do I condemn you." Pretty interesting ah... Jesus is without sin mah... so why dun he condemn the woman? He shld be able to right? But why he din? COS HE's NOT THE JUDGE here (refer to the earlier part of this post)! He was sent to earth to preach the word abt God's grace. He did tell the woman to leave her life of sin but He did not condemn her cos it was not what God want Jesus to do. Wow... can u imagine this? Jesus following God's word in his every word and action! He had no need to feel guilt cos he never sinned against God nor did something that displeases God. Wow.

Okay... abt the verse that I shared. It realli made me suddenly very fearful when I ead it. Jesus was saying that if I can't hear what He's saying clearly, it means my father is the Devil! Okay... basically what I think He means to also sae is... if we dun follow the voice of God, we are actually listening to the voice of Satan. I was like wah... this means alot. Cos I tend to do things using my own strength ie. using my own wisdom instead of relying on God. So.... this also means that I have been listening to the Devil!! ah... and guess what... for the people I know who do not accept God's word... who have they been listening to? Yeah... that's right. The fallen angel. Wah piang... this is something realli food for thought for me! There's no grey area in this even though I like to find it. And to think abt it... it's true... when I dun rely on God's wisdom, I am always bound to get burnt out/bitter/discouraged/exhausted... and this doesn't help my relationship with God one bit. It also doesn't help in my marathon to keep on being faithful...

Okay... I am going to think somemore in private... hope this entry will provoke some thoughts in you as well. It's making me think abt some aspects of my relationship with God. =)
ranted by Jerraine @ 11:59 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

A queen by name. A teacher by profession. Currently yet to be diagnosed as schizophrenic.

Past Rantings
The Royal Annals
My royal friends
Emotings of the sisters

Jennie Babe
Sasha
Seraphina
Mae-Re-Lyn
Gwennie
Yanni

Ramblings from the guys...

Quek
MoJoJoe
Khiok Seng
Hanchong
Kelvin the Pang
Alex
Dewey
David

Others

SG Campus Blog! (NEW)
Template by

Free Blogger Templates
Edited by Jerraine
BLOGGER