Royal Hearing
Favourite
(Proverbs 31:25-26)
"She is clothed with strength and dignity; She can laugh at the days to come.
She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue."
Tunes in My Head
Leaderboard
Create your own Friend Test here
Friday, May 13, 2005
Trust
Hi people...
Decided I should update my blog since I'm kinda waitng to go NUH for my checkup... It's so ***** expensive!! Nevermind... that's another blog topic (hopefully I do get to remember to write... haha or rather not too lazy... =P).
Just wanna write about trust... The definition for trust is quite plentiful:
  1. Firm reliance on the integrity, ability, or character of a person or thing.
  2. Custody; care.
  3. Something committed into the care of another; charge.
  4. The condition and resulting obligation of having confidence placed in one
  5. One in which confidence is placed.
  6. Reliance on something in the future; hope.
  7. Reliance on the intention and ability of a purchaser to pay in the future; credit.
  8. Law.

A legal title to property held by one party for the benefit of another. The confidence reposed in a trustee when giving the trustee legal title to property to administer for another, together with the trustee's obligation regarding that property and the beneficiary. The property so held.

Well... that's the definition... Was spending time with Jayne the other day and she told me about my lack of trust in God... or rather the lack of surrender. I get worried easily and when I get flustered, I tend to rely on my own strength instead of praying to God continously to give me strength... And I dun rely on God enough to help me with my discipline. As she showed me the verses in Jeremiah 17:5-8, she gave me a different insight about how terrible it is for the future for someone who dun trusts in God... I have read that verse quite a few times; people have shown me quite a few times also... but I never realli looked into the poetic meaning and the literal meaning of the verse much. (this reminds me... another way to look at the poems in the Bible - that is to study them like English Literature... ) I've always been too quick to look at how the so-called hidden message and din realli stop to look at the visuals God was providing for me just through the Bible... And it hit me... that it was so horrible and ghastly. To be at the mercy of the nature's elements and just getting absolute no rewards - it's a worst nightmare. It just also underlines just how much God wants us to trust in Him... how much He wants ME to trust in him 100 percent and not any less. The difference between trusting him 100 percent and 99 percent is actually like Heaven and Hell. Realli... And it's hard for me... cos I find it so natural to just go back to my busy ways and neglect to call on God ardently enough. Yeah... I do pray and do my Quiet time. I do fast and I also do pray fervently enough whenever I'm in trouble. But do I really have the trust that God will change things, that God has the best plans for me? Nope....

It also shows in my desire to change... Jayne was telling me about how I should not just have the desire to change but the PASSION. Desire is like a flickering candle... but Passion is like a furnace... and this switch from desire to passion has to do with my trust in God. Am I trusting enough to want to change for God even though I fear to change? Do I trust in his good plans for me enough... It was a lot of food for thought for me... and till now, I am still thinking about it. I'm really grateful that God always provides me with opportunities to think deeply about my faith and my relationship with Him... He knows that my weaknesses so well... I'm not going to rush into getting a understanding about this... I'm going to take my time and just think about it. And that's that.

ranted by Jerraine @ 10:59 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

A queen by name. A teacher by profession. Currently yet to be diagnosed as schizophrenic.

Past Rantings
The Royal Annals
My royal friends
Emotings of the sisters

Jennie Babe
Sasha
Seraphina
Mae-Re-Lyn
Gwennie
Yanni

Ramblings from the guys...

Quek
MoJoJoe
Khiok Seng
Hanchong
Kelvin the Pang
Alex
Dewey
David

Others

SG Campus Blog! (NEW)
Template by

Free Blogger Templates
Edited by Jerraine
BLOGGER