Royal Hearing
Favourite
(Proverbs 31:25-26)
"She is clothed with strength and dignity; She can laugh at the days to come.
She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue."
Tunes in My Head
Leaderboard
Create your own Friend Test here
Wednesday, November 23, 2005
Dusk or dawn?
What do you think this picture shows? A picture of dawn or dusk?
















My friend sent me this poem the other day... It's also about perspectives. Hope you enjoy it.


Because, dear one, I love you.

Why, dear God, do people suffer?
Why’s there war and crime and sorrow?
My father says you have the power,To stop it all tomorrow.
“Because, dear one, I love you.”

But what of all the suffering?
It cannot please your eyes.
Surely you would have us allWith you in paradise.
"I do, dear one, but not by force,
But by your free-will love."

There're things that I so dearly need,
I wish I had them all.
If you would help me get them, God,
I'd be more at your call.
"I do not bargain, dearest one,
So choose which you desire more:
The passing pleasures of this world,
Or me, who thy soul does adore."

I guess if life were easy
And all was trouble-free,
We'd get too lazy, have no push
To reach to be like Thee.
But why allow our loved ones, God,
To suffer tragedy,
When we depend on them so much
And love them tenderly?
"Because,dear one, I love you,
And you'll have ALL one day,
When you have given all your love
To me in every way.
"When you can keep your harmony
And trust I'll fill your needs,
When you have stopped your selfishness,
Your soul-degrading deeds."

Some others are much worse than me,
Like criminals and evil ones
It seems like things are so unfair,
Why let it carry on?
"Because dear one, I love you,
And justice will prevail,
And in between it tests your faith
And trust, that must not fail."

But why give so much freedom, God,
To those who spread such evil,
Through wars and greed and hatred,
And actions of the devil?
"Because, dear one , I love you,
And all must have their chance
To choose, and learn from ill effects,
Of what they did enhance."

I wish I could remember this
Amid each daily task,
Why not make us listen, God,
That we'd do as you ask?
"Because, dear one, I love you,
And gave my gift: free will.
I would not take it back now,
Your plan you must fulfill. "
Besides, you would resent it,
If I would take away,
The challenge that you know you'll pass,
If you will walk my way."
This does not seem so easy, God,
It looks like we must take,
Responsibility for all
The choices that we make.
I guess if we desire Thee,
The price we'll have to pay,
Give up what we do not need,
And work and serve and pray.
"You're getting the idea now!

Have fun in what you do.
I made this life so full of joy,
Because, dear one, I love you!"

ranted by Jerraine @ 3:23 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

A queen by name. A teacher by profession. Currently yet to be diagnosed as schizophrenic.

Past Rantings
The Royal Annals
My royal friends
Emotings of the sisters

Jennie Babe
Sasha
Seraphina
Mae-Re-Lyn
Gwennie
Yanni

Ramblings from the guys...

Quek
MoJoJoe
Khiok Seng
Hanchong
Kelvin the Pang
Alex
Dewey
David

Others

SG Campus Blog! (NEW)
Template by

Free Blogger Templates
Edited by Jerraine
BLOGGER